1. The main tension in Mandingo revolves around which four characters?
2. Which popular Black stereotype(s) fits each of these characters? (There can be more than one stereotypes)
Lucrezia Borgia —
Mede (Ganymede) —
Mem (Agamemnon) —
3. What relationship does power and violence have with sex in the movie?
4. Are the slaves always “victims” in the sexual politics of the movie or are they sometimes willing participants? Explain your answer.
5. In the following pairs, indicate which person was in control of the sexual politics between the two.
Blanche and Hammond
Charles and Blanche
Hammond and Ellen
Hammond and the Prostitute
Charles and the Wench
Blanche and Ellen
Mede and Blanche
Mede and Hammond
6. Would you characterize Hammond as a good person or a bad person? What about when you comparehim to Warren and Charles?
7. Is Mede a person of integrity? What about when you compare him to Cicero?
8. When it comes to sex, what are Hammond’s expectations of White women? What are hisexpectations of Black women?
9. What do the differences in Question 8 tell you about popular views of Black women during the period?
10. Mede is important to Hammond in several ways. Name some of them.
11. In the end, what is more important to Hammond than Mede?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS