FNS40815 Certificate IV in FINANCE & MORTGAGE BROKING
BSBITU306 Design and Produce business documents
You are a Bookkeeper with Contract Bookkeeping Services (CBS) Pty Ltd. You and other CBS bookkeepers, have been assigned the following responsibilities:
- accounts payable and receivable
- chart of accounts
- data entry
- invoicing customers
- paying suppliers
- liaising with customers and suppliers
- debt recovery
- bank and other reconciliations
- preparing income statements and balance sheets
- various types of reporting in relation to accounts, banking, sales, purchases, and payroll
- superannuation calculations
- employee record keeping
- BAS (business activity statements for GST, PAYG, FBT. etc.) and other statutory compliance such as payroll tax performed under the supervision of your accounts manager who is a registered tax agent.
Your manager has asked you to circulate a memo about CBS Bookkeepers not following CBS policies and procedures when undertaking accounting functions at client premises.
Instructions to complete this assessment
In order to complete this assessment, you are required to complete the following sections consecutively. Details and specific instructions are provided within each section and on the form/templates provided.
To find the relevant supporting documents, please refer to the Supporting Documents folder, located within the BSBITU306: Design and produce business documents section of your course. (Note: Not all units have supporting documents.)
Section 1 – Internal Memo to CBS Accounting Staff
As the bookkeeper, you are now required to complete a CBS Accounting Department: Memorandum.
Your memo must be addressed to all CBS accounting staff and should promote the benefits of following CBS policies and procedures when undertaking accounting functions (note: the memo wording is not as important as adherence to the document style requirements).
The memo must contain CBS style and layout specifications as follows:
- The CBS Logo located in the header (located in the Supporting Documents folder)
- Document version control number located in the footer
- Page numbers located in the footer
- Font type: Times Roman
- When referencing procedures use the number format style 1), 2) …
To produce this memo, you are required to:
- Select and prepare appropriate technology and software for design and production of business documents
- Design the memo
- Produce the memo
- Use software help functions, as required.
- The memo must not exceed one A4 page.
- Proofread your final version for readability, accuracy and consistency in language, style and layout prior to final output.
- Finalise the memo.
- Ensure that that the memo format is suitable for printing.
Save the Memorandum with the following file name: Unitcode_Section1_Yourname. E.g. BSBITU306_Section1_AnneSmith.
Section 2 – Compile a Staff Email
As the contract accountant to CAS, you are now required to compile an email to an employee, James Watson. James is an Assistant Accountant.
- Review the format of the CBS Email Example, located in the Supporting Documents folder
- Review the content of a dictated message from your Accounting Manager contained in the “Dictated Memo”, also located in the Supporting Documents folder
- Re-write the Dictated Memo into an acceptable format, based on the CBS Email Example
- Save your re-formatted email in a document with the file name: “BSBITU306_Section2_YourName”
- Ensure the font used in the email complies with the CBS style guide
Once you have saved your re-formatted email follow the instructions provided below to complete this section
Checklist for submission
Please use the following list to ensure the correct amount and type of documents have been completed and are ready for submission.
- Memo to Employees
- Email to James Watson
|Student Marking Guide|
|This guide provides an indication as to what the assessor is looking for in a satisfactory response. For all tasks, the student is required to use the correct industry specific terminology, satisfied all relevant legislation, industry standards and organisational requirements and indicated that they have accessed the required information sources.|
|Assessment task reference||A satisfactory response requires the student to:|
|Section 1||Complete the Memorandum:In the required formattingWrite in simple and clear languageNot exceed one page in totalCite and source any researchEnsure the Memo is addressed to your CBS Accounts Department and makes relevant references to CBS policies and proceduresEnsure your document does not contain any spelling and grammatical errorsEnsure your document can be printed on 1 page|
|Section 2||Ensure your email is consistent with the CBS Email ExampleEnsure the re-written email is free of spelling and grammatical errorsEnsure the re-written email is appropriately worded Ensure the re-written email complies with style guide requirements|
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS