For this assignment, you will conduct research and produce an annotated bibliography to develop a sociological understanding of research questions connected to a local example of environmental racism and environmental justice.
A basic component of academic research is the annotated bibliography. The annotated bibliography is a list of the sources you have found so far. The list is in alphabetical order as it would be on your Reference page and includes a full citation for each source as it would appear on your Reference page. However, in addition, an annotated bibliography includes an annotation for each source, which is basically a summary of the source and some commentary on why the source is useful to your project.
Some steps to consider while developing your annotated bibliography are the following.
- Brainstorm using your sociological imagination, course readings, and outside resources, and explain your thoughts about the causes of environmental racism within the United States. Why are some groups more affected than others? What are the consequences of environmental racism? What strategies are available to reduce environmental racism amongst communities within the United States? What about local communities specifically?
- Revisit the five research questions you developed in the previous assignment.
- Then find content from scholarly sources connected to the research questions. You must find at least one or two scholarly sources per research question.
- As you research to find scholarly sources, you must (1) make meaningful connections with local examples of environmental racism in the previous assignment; (2) attempt to answer some of the questions asked above (causes, consequences, and strategies of environmental racism); and (3) ensure that there is direct connection to research questions.
- Having identified a scholarly source, an annotated bibliography must be provided.
Assignment:Your task this week is to complete an annotated bibliography that meets the following requirements.
- Include at least five sources.
- Include a clear summary of each research source. Explain what the resource is about so that the reader can get a sense of the article. Here you will want to clearly state the main argument or point and explain some of the topics and supporting reasons focused on in the text.
- Include commentary on why the source is useful and what kind of evidence it adds to your project. Does it add a particular perspective or type of evidence? Explain why you are including it. Make a connection to the specific research question.
- Each annotation should be around 100–150 words long.
- Include a full Reference page, formatted in APA format, for each source.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS