i need to write an essay that should be approximately 1000 words.
GNED 101: INTRODUCTION TO ARTS & SCIENCES
Instructions: Choose one topic from the writing prompts below. Then, develop a strong thesis, which you will prove with your essay. Your essay should be approximately 1000 words.
Research: Make sure to provide any definitions where necessary, and use evidence from your readings to make your arguments. Students who do not reference at least one reading (some questions require more than one) in their answer will score very poorly. You are also required to use a minimum of two resources outside your readings. These sources must be credible and appropriate for an academic paper (ie. academic journals, newspaper articles, reputable online sources, etc.). You may also use other readings available on Blackboard that were not assigned. You must cite all sources; any exams with improper or missing citations will receive a zero grade.
Format: Make sure to create a title page with your full name, student number, and an interesting title. Please use APA style for all aspects of this assignment.
Due Date: Please see the Critical Path.
Submissions: All submissions must be uploaded to the assignment dropbox (see Assignments on Blackboard).
Choose ONE of the following topics
• Globalization: Critically assess the impact of Globalization by using the three Globalization readings in unit 3 and the film El Contrato by Min Sook Lee (link to the film in Course Readings – Unit 3 folder) as your example. You will need to read the globalization articles and watch the film in order to complete this question. In addition, find at least two other similar examples of issues raised in the readings and film.
• Two views of the media: How should we evaluate the effects of media? In your essay, explore the arguments presented in the article “Two Historical Views of the Media” by O’Shaughnessy and Stadler, and apply them to a current example (or set of examples). Your essay should focus on the role the media play in shaping how we see and understand the world around us. You may consider traditional media like newspapers, radio, or television; or new media, such as popular and influential social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, or YouTube.
• Climate Change: Explore themes raised in the Davidson article in the light of recent media coverage on global warming (severe storms, oil sands, melting arctic ice, etc.). Discuss the causes of climate change, its impact on our lives and on the planet and our power to combat it. Use at least two academic or news articles to supplement the course reading.
Essay Evaluation Rubric
• Misunderstands or ignores critical course concepts, or does not address assigned topic.
• Does not establish a clear thesis.
• Understanding of some course concepts is significantly flawed or not clearly. demonstrated.
• Does not create a strong thesis and/or leaves thesis unproven.
• Good understanding of most concepts, with minor errors or gaps.
• Creates clear thesis, but may struggle to support thesis at times.
• Excellent understanding of concepts.
• Thoroughly responds to topic with a clear, well-supported thesis statement.
• Does not draw upon real-world examples.
• Draws upon real-world examples but with some confusion/gaps.
• Connects course themes to examples, but misses some links.
• Relates themes issues from readings to chosen example(s).
*Please note that an Unsatisfactory grade in this category will result in the overall failure of this assignment.
• Does not reference assigned readings.
• Does not refer to outside sources.
• Makes passing reference to reading.
• Refers to outside source(s) that are not appropriate for academic writing.
• Draws upon one or two course readings, as required.
• Does not make satisfactory use of outside sources.
• Applies and critically expands upon course readings to support his or her argument.
• Uses at least two academic-level outside sources to support thesis.
• Essay lacks clear organization (ie. introduction, body, conclusion).
• Essay is too brief.
• Confusing or incomplete essay structure.
• Slightly below the word count requirement,
• Makes an effort to form an organized and logical essay structure.
• Length is appropriate.
• Organized, logical and polished essay structure.
• Length is appropriate.
• Frequent major and minor grammar errors impair clarity.
• Some major and many minor grammar errors.
• No more than one major, or five minor grammar errors.
• Virtually error free.
• No APA style.
• Imperfect APA style.
• APA style is used with errors.
• APA style is virtually error free.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS