Orientation for Success in Higher Education
RESIT Assignment 3: Reflective Commentary
Due: 19 OCTOBER 2021, before 3PM via WebLearn
• Word limit: 1000-1500 words. You will incur penalties if you exceed the word limit.
Write a reflective commentary on your overall gained knowledge and performance including your strengths and challenges.
Your text font should be Times New Roman in font size 12 and double spaced (2.0)
1. Introduction (around 150-200 words)
You should include a hook, background and an outline.
2. Analysis of gained knowledge (around 800 words)
Choose 3 topics learned in your OSHE classes and illustrate your gained knowledge in these areas by discussing the key ideas, theories, strategies and criticisms.
In this section, you should be objective avoiding the use of personal pronouns and other subjective mechanisms.
To remind yourself of the topics covered, go to WebLearn Learning Materials
Tip1: Plan the structure of this section before writing!
Tip2: Use linking words to allow your ideas to flow better from point to point.
3. Analysis of performance (around 300 words)
Reflect on your overall performance based on your formal and informal feedback on assignments, presentations and general behaviour and attitude. You should identify ONE strength and ONE challenge.
In this section, you can use personal pronouns
4. Conclusion You should summarise your work (around 150-200 words)
5. Reference List (at least 3 credible sources – not included in the word count)
YOU MUST INCLUDE CITATIONS AND REFERENCES IN YOUR WORK
This assignment is weighted at 40%.
General Level 3/4
o Acquisition of broad knowledge
o Evaluate information
o Use information to plan, develop and problem solve
70-100 (A) – Excellent demonstration of comprehension of the task with evidence of analysis, synthesis, evaluation and critical appraisal
– Use of a wide variety of appropriate sources
– Transformation of knowledge, independent thinking and development of ideas.
– Ability to communicate very clearly and effectively.
– Very good evidence of preparation.
– Very good organisation, structure and presentation of work – minimal errors
– Good references, appropriate sources (quality and quantity).
– No errors in bibliography or citations.
60-69 (B) Very good Demonstration of very good comprehension of the task with evidence of analysis, synthesis, evaluation
Use of a wide variety of appropriate sources Transformation of knowledge
Independent thinking and development of ideas Ability to communication clearly and effectively Very good evidence of preparation
Very good organisation, structure and presentation of work – minimal errors
Good references, appropriate sources (quality and quantity). Minimal or no errors in reference list or citations.
50-59 (C) Adequate – Satisfactory Some analysis but limited
Some insight and exploration of ideas Sound conclusions No significant inaccuracies or omissions
Some analysis, evaluation or synthesis of information
Lacking clarity at times Some evidence of preparation Referencing is sound. Mostly appropriate sources. Numerous
errors or inconsistencies
40-49 (D) All learning outcomes met
Competent (practical) May be incomplete in knowledge (some errors or omissions) Insufficient analysis, evaluation or synthesis Limited application of theories/knowledge
An awareness of appropriate principles/theories/techniques
Irrelevance to the task at times
Disorganised work with weak standard of presentation Numerous aberrations
from the requirements of the task
Referencing is attempted although may be inconsistent, many errors, weak sources
Condoned Pass 30-39 (F1) Learning outcomes not met
Little relevant knowledge Lacking structure Numerous errors in structure and form Limited understanding of concepts/theories
No appropriate analysis, evaluation or synthesis Significant inaccuracies/omissions Not competent
Little or no attempt to use references and if so very weak with errors
Fail 0-29 Learning Outcomes not met
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS