NEF6002 Research Project B
A minor thesis in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of
Master of Applied Information Technology
College of Engineering and Science, IT Discipline
Victoria University Sydney, Australia
Abstract normally has 150 – 200 words.
One suggestion for the structure of abstract is:
Abstract consists of a few paragraphs without section headers. The above bullet point are the suggested guidelines on the content and structure of the abstract, they are not the section headers.
I, ________________, hereby solemnly declare that this thesis contains no material that has been accepted for the award of any other degree or diploma in any other college, institute, or university and is the result of my own research. To the best of my knowledge, this thesis contains no material previously published or written by another person, except where references has been made in the text of the thesis.
Supervisor and anyone who helped you:
I would like to express my special appreciation and thanks to …etc.
Table of Contents
List of Figures vii
Glossary and List of Acronyms viii
1 Introduction 1
2 Literature Review 2
2.1 Some related studies 2
2.2 Other related studies 2
3 Research Methodology 3
3.1 Research problem and questions 3
3.2 Selection of research methodology 3
3.3 Other details 3
4 Experimental 4
4.1 Experimental design 4
4.2 Data collection 4
4.3 Data analysis 4
5 Results 5
5.1 Presentation of results 5
5.2 Key Results 5
6 Discussion 6
6.1 Discussion of Results 6
7 Conclusions 7
List of Figures
Glossary and List of Acronyms
|API||Application Programming Interface|
|DLP||Data Loss Prevention|
|GPS||Global Positioning System|
|HTTP||HyperText Transfer Protocol|
|TCP||Transmission Control Protocol|
- Explain about the topic and define the keywords and terminology
- Explain why the area or field of your research is interesting and important for the other researches
- Explain the history of the topic and trend of the researches
- Research Significance
- What will be your contribution to the human knowledge, enterprise, society, business, environment?
- What makes your research different from other research?
- Literature Review
- Try to narrow the research field that you talked about in the introduction into the specific area,
- complete a structured, critical review of theoretical and experimental literature on the topic area
- Write about when and how and why this research field become attractive to the other researchers
- Explain methodologies, hardware, software, tools applicable in the field. Explain about the future research trend
- Discuss the thesis topic and your research contribution
- Try to categorize the literature background
- Updates from NEF6001.
- Some related studies
- Other related studies
- Research Methodology
The structure in the chapter is just for reference. You need to name and organize various sections.Expand from NEF6001.
- Research problem and questions
- Define a problem from contemporary and emergent settings
- My research problem
- The answer of how you want to do it will form the next section that it is “Research Methodology
- Selection of research methodology
- Other details
Expand from NEF6001
- How have you extended your research from Research Thesis 1.
- Information to allow the reader to assess your results.
- Procedure, theory.
- Calculations, technique, procedure, equipment.
- Limitations, assumptions, and range of validity.
- Desciption of your analystical methods.
Do not include descriptions of results.
- Experimental design
- Data collection
- Data analysis
This chapter can be merged with the previous chapter.
- The results are statements of observations, including statistics, tables and graphs.
- Mention negative results as well as positive.
- Do not interpret results, this should be done in Discussion chapter.
- Break up your results into logical segments by using subheadings.
- Presentation of results
Summarise and present the results, figures, tables
- Key Results
Key results should be stated in clear sentences at the beginning of paragraphs.
- Start with a few sentences that summarize the most important results. The discussion section should be a brief essay in itself, answering the following questions and caveats:
- What are the major observations?
- What are the trends?
- Explain reasons for the patterns and resulting predictions?
- Do you agree or disagree with previous research?
- Interpret results in terms of background laid out in the introduction.
- How are your result relate to the original question?
- Discuss the implications of the results.
- Multiple hypotheses. There may be a number of possible expanations for results.
- Anything you’ve learned we didn’t know or understand before the present work?
- Discussion of Results
Break up the section into logical segments by using subheaders.
- Conclude what you have done and write about your findings and if possible, point out some future work
- Most important statement that you can make from your observations.
- What conlusion you offer about the original problem posed?
- Include the broader implications of your results.
- Do not repeat word for word the abstract, introduction or discussion.
The referencing convention that is applicable to this unit is—Harvard
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS