The purpose of this section is to provide a brief overview of the entire business case.
Describe the project background. This includes:
- The date of potential formation of the project
- The method of formation and current level of approval
- The general business problem to which the project will address
Current Business Overview
Explain the current opportunity/situation/problems/issues and why it should be changed or improved. You may need to explain any organisational problems, legal issues etc. Additionally there may be a need to explain the impact if nothing is done.
Explain your strategy to address the opportunity or problem in broad terms using the headings below if appropriate. If appropriate you may wish to offer options for consideration.
Provide a comprehensive description of the solution
List any issues to be taken into account when considering the potential implementation of the above
List any constraints to be taken into account when considering the potential implementation of the above
List any risks (e.g. business, safety, regulatory) to be taken into account when considering the potential implementation of the above
List any assumptions to be taken into account when considering the potential implementation of the above
Calculate the financial costs associated with the solution. It is of prime importance to identify ongoing support costs/needs once the project is finalised (e.g. Annual software licence fees).
Financial costing examples include:
One-off project costs
On-going support costs
Identify all non-financial costs associated with the solution. Non-financial costing examples include:
- Temporary reduction in service during implementation
Calculate the financial benefits associated with the solution. Financial benefit examples include:
- Revenue, opportunity, service, enrolment generation
- Cost reduction
Identify all other non-financial benefits associated with the solution. Non-financial benefit examples include:
- Improved organisational culture
- Improved image
- Improved customer/ student satisfaction
- Efficiencies in business practices.
Identify the likely project duration for the solution.
Provide a listing of the specific recommendations made in order to ensure the timely approval and implementation of the solution.
Example recommendations include:
- That the recommended option be approved immediately
- That the timescales for implementation are approved immediately
- That the ‘next steps’ (as defined below) are approved immediately for execution
- That the required budget is allocated immediately in order to undertake an initial scope
- That the project manager is allocated immediately in order to undertake the next stage
- That the required resources are allocated immediately in order to undertake the next stage
Once the way ahead is agreed and established based on the information contained in this document, a Project Manager must be appointed (if not already in place) and a Project Scope is required to be created.
|Version #||Change Description||Date||Author|
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS