Please respond in 300-400 words.
Over the last three decades, one of the most successful global firms has been General Electric (GE). Go to the company’s website at http://www.ge.com and review its latest annual report. Pay close attention to the company’s international operations and to its product lines. Also read about the new members on the board of directors and look through the information on the company’s Six Sigma program. Then, aware of what GE is doing worldwide as well as in regard to its quality efforts, answer the following questions:
- In how many continents does the company currently make business?
- Based on your answer in part (1) above, is there one leadership style that will work best for the company, or is it going to have to choose managers on a country-by-country basis?
- If there is no one universal style that is best, how can the current CEO effectively lead so diverse a group of worldwide managers?
- In what way would an understanding of the managerial grid be useful in explaining leadership behaviors at GE?
- If GE were advertising for new managers in Italy, Japan, and Middle East, what qualities would you expect the firm to be seeking in these managers? Would there be a universal list, or would the lists differ on a country-by-country basis?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS