For this assignment, choose an OSHA standard set that was relatively recently added to the regulations for general industry (29 CFR 1910) or construction (29 CFR 1926). You are free to choose any standard you wish, but some examples of recently enacted standards are:
- confined spaces in construction;
- steel erection;
- hazard communication/GHS;
- silica in construction or general industry; or,
- cranes and derricks.
Perform research to identify the timeline of the standard that you chose from initial proposal to enactment as law in the Federal Register. Your deliverables for this assignment for grading:
- A diagram or table that shows the progression of your standard through the rulemaking process. Organize your diagram or table to show the “Seven Stages of All OSHA Rules” from your reading assignments. Please include significant developments in the rulemaking process, the dates each stage was achieved and the lengths of time to complete each stage in your diagram or table.
- Prepare a minimum three (3) page essay that explains the primary issues that were encountered in moving your chosen standard through the OSHA rulemaking process.
Your essay must follow APA format and provide a reference list (also in APA format) that summarizes the sources of your information. This submission requires a title page, but does not require and abstract. Your upload may be in one or two files depending on the diagram format that you choose.
You may start your research here:
A Legacy of Struggle: The OSHA Ergonomics Standard, Part II
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS