Marks and Feedback
Before 10am on: 19th November 2021
20 working days after deadline (L4, 5 and 7)
15 working days after deadline (L6)
10 working days after deadline (block delivery)
Click or tap to enter a date.
Unit title & code
Human Resource Management SHR018-2
Assignment number and title
Weighting of assignment
Size or length of assessment
2000 words +/-10%
Unit learning outcomes
1. Critique and debate key and contemporary arguments about the theory and practice of HRM and how ethical expectations are met in practice whilst assessing its contribution to the organisation.
2. Evaluate and analyze workplace scenarios relating to relevant business strategies for professional, ethical, effective, and efficient HRM within current organizational contexts.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Write a report of no more than 2000 words +/-10% which addresses the following:
Choose a contemporary United Kingdom (UK) organization, identify a HR problem impacting on the organization and address the following questions in your report:
1) What are the current HRM trends and problems the organization face, and how does this impact on them?
2) How might the HRM team start to plan ahead and think about long-term workforce planning, what theories and practices will you consider?
3) What considerations can the HRM team take to ensure ethical practices are used in their recruitment/selection process?
4) Looking at the problems you have identified, what recommendations can the HRM take to resolve the problems. Please give 3 practical, realistic solutions they can implement.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
To pass Assessment 1, you will need to:
• Investigate a limited range of relevant literature around a topical HR issue impacting contemporary organisations.
• Evaluate literature to a basic level around current theories and practice of effective HRM and the basic strategies used to promote greater employee performance in organisations.
• Present a business report to a basic professional level
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
A business report at a professional level that focuses
• On current HR trends/problems in the context of a UK organization.
• Use relevance contemporary academic theory, frameworks, models and debate around the week one to week four topics.
• Integration of theory and practice.
• Critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis.
• Directly address the Learning Outcomes and threshold expectations (see above).
• Provide recommendations to overcome the identified problems.
• Understand how your work will be evaluated (See Marking Criteria and Feedback below)
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The aim of this assessment is to increase your critical thinking around HRM in organizations and how it is impacted regularly by environmental changes as well as developing your skills in in writing a practical business report.
The focus of this assignment on investigating current and emerging HR issues within a UK organization post Covid-19. You will take into consideration the external and internal environment and how it impacts on HR activities such as workforce planning through work design, change and development as well as recruitment and selection. The first four teaching weeks as indicated in the guided learning folder on BREO establishes the context of HRM with the pursuant weeks paying specific attention to key people management areas which you may wish to highlight more specifically in your discussion. The seminar sessions will help to consolidate your understanding of each of those areas in relation to the assignment.
Successful completion of the unit will give you a comprehensive and detailed overview of how you as a business management graduate with specialized knowledge of HR are able to make a greater impact in the organization, increasing your contribution and effectiveness in working through and with your organizational colleagues to increase the well-being of the business for sustained competitive advantage.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.
3rd Class – 40-49%
Lower 2nd – 50-59%
Upper 2nd – 60-69%
1st Class – 70%+
Identification of key current HR trends/issues in the chosen organization. (20%) Attempted to discuss key current HR trends effecting a UK organization, looking at their practices/strategies.
The appropriateness of the current trends is limited and the practices/strategies, this is discussed in limited depth.
Identified key current HR trends/issues effecting a UK organization, looking at their practices/strategies.
The appropriateness of the practices/strategies is discussed in reasonable depth.
Identified and discussed key current HR trends/issues effecting in a UK organization, looking at their practices/strategies.
the practices/strategies is discussed in detail and demonstrates good evidence of wider reading.
Identified and discussed in depth key current HR trends/issues effecting a UK organization. Analyzing the impact, it has in a wider context.
The appropriateness of the practices/strategies is discussed in detail and demonstrates excellent evidence of wider reading.
Discuss ethical issues in the chosen organization looking at HR activities. (20%)
Expansion of key HR topics is vague and overly descriptive and supported by limited evidence.
Expansion of key HR topics is limited but supported by coherent evidence.
Expansion of key HR topics are identified and expanded with some evidence of independent reading.
Very good identification of key HR topics with substantial evidence of wider reading.
Critical analysis of theory into practices. (30%)
Attempts to describe appropriate HRM theory, practice, or process, drawing on published sources introduced. Limited evidence of understanding key issues and concepts.
Logically and relevantly focused description of HRM theory, practice or process, using published sources introduced in the unit but with limited evidence of wider reading.
Appropriate key aspects or main ideas of the chosen HRM theory, practice or process identified, using published sources. Less in-depth than an A Grade.
The key aspects or main ideas of the chosen HRM theory, practice or process is identified appropriately, supported using several credible published sources.
Recommendations. (20%) Recommendations are made but demonstrate little linkage with the analysis. There is limited/no justification for why the recommendations might work. Recommendations are made and demonstrate some linkage with the analysis. There is some justification for why the recommendations might work, but the evidence is limited.
Recommendations are made and demonstrate a clear connection with the analysis. There is good justification for why the recommendations might work, with examples drawn from a range of sources.
Recommendations are made and demonstrate a very clear connection with the analysis. There is excellent justification for why the recommendations might work, with examples and academic evidence drawn from a range of high-quality sources.
Presentation and referencing. (10%) Adequate structure, few citations and a passable reference list.
Good structure, sourced throughout with an adequate reference list in Harvard format.
Clearly and concisely structured and sourced throughout, with a good reference list in Harvard format. Very clearly and concisely structured and sourced throughout with an excellent reference list in Harvard format.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS