Unit VI Case Study
- Weight: 5% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 10/19/2021 11:59 PM (CST)
InstructionsAnalyze the case study (“Maria’s Story”) found on p. 283 in your textbook by addressing the assigned questions below.While analyzing the case, be sure to identify the major problems and issues.
- Draft a response or strategy for addressing the specific major problems and issues mentioned in this story.
- Make recommendations to improve the patient’s health, based on the specific symptoms and concerns discussed in this story.
- Discuss any negative consequences that may occur if the patient’s health issue is not addressed, based on what is told in this story.
Your response should be at least one page in length. If outside sources are used, please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting, however, is not necessary.Maria’s Story
Let’s revisit Maria’s case. She is a 35-year-old insulin-dependent diabetic who currently takes good care of herself. She did not take good care of herself as a teenager. She is on an insulin pump to try to control her blood sugar, but has recently passed out in public several times.
What condition causes her to pass out (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia)?
Why does this condition develop?
What is the appropriate treatment for the early stages of this condition?
Given that she has been a diabetic for so long, why doesn’t Maria realize she is in trouble before she passes out?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS