Unit VIII Management Action Plan
By the end of this course, you will need to prepare and submit a management action plan (MAP) addressing a specific healthcare problem or scenario. This can be either a “real world” management problem within your own healthcare organization or a scenario from the list in the Unit II Project Topic assignment.
Click here to view an example of a completed MAPPlease include documentation of all six steps shown below in your submission of the MAP assignment.
- Clarify the Problem or Opportunity for Improvement (OFI)Clearly describe the problem or OFI that you have selected for your MAP. Why is it important to resolve this problem right now? What are the consequences of not resolving this problem right now?
- Clarify your Measurable GoalClearly describe the desired outcome from your MAP implementation. What are you trying to accomplish? How will successful MAP implementation be measured and assessed? What realistic constraints do you have as you begin creation of your plan? Consider limits on time, money, and other resources that are specific to your MAP.
- Prepare a List of Possible ActionsConsider possible root causes of the OFI. Why do you believe the problem exists? Brainstorm and present a list of all possible actions that you may need to take in order to achieve your MAP goal. At this stage, focus on generating as many different options and ideas as possible. It is likely that not all of your ideas will make it into your final MAP. Write down your ideas just as they come to your mind, trying not to judge or analyze them at this stage.In your brainstorming, be sure to consider ideas* involving the following:
- clinical performance,
- clinical support services,
- knowledge management,
- human resources,
- financial management,
- internal consulting, and
- Organize your Key Action Steps into a Management Action PlanDecide on the sequencing of your key action steps. For each key action step, what other steps must be completed before that specific action can be taken? Rearrange your key action steps into a sequence of ordered activity. Then, look at your plan once again. Are there any ways to simplify the plan further before presenting it?
- AccountabilityFor each key action step, assign a responsible party or group within your organization (by position, department, or team name, not by individual name), and assign a suspense date by which the key action step must be completed. Then, based upon all of your key action steps and their suspense dates, provide a realistic completion date for the entire MAP.
- Measurement and MonitoringNow, explain in detail how you will measure the success of your MAP following implementation and how you will monitor ongoing performance to prevent regression and loss of the positive change that has taken place.
Your plan should consist of no less than four pages, and any outside sources should be cited and referenced using APA formatting.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS