Was the court correct in dismissing the attempted murder charge? Be sure to identify and describe at least 3 elements of a criminal act
CJ 230 U 7 ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE
Class, use the template to successfully complete the assignment. COPY AND PASTE ENTIRE TEMPLATE, including introduction and conclusion, into your own word document. RED PORTIONS are guides/recommendations to assist in successfully completing assignment.
DELETE RED PORTIONS PRIOR TO submission.
DO NOT FORGET SEPARATE COVER SHEET!!!!!
Introduction: This assignment will be a 2–3-page paper, answering the following questions, based on the scenario provided. At least 2 sources beyond the text will be used and literature cited where appropriate.
1. Was the court correct in dismissing the attempted murder charge? Be sure to identify and describe at least 3 elements of a criminal act. (Begin by identifying and defining 3 elements of a criminal act. Remember to cite the literature. Should you choose, you may also provide examples of these elements, either general examples or examples from the scenario. Provide 7-9 sentences for this, which will be your 1st paragraph in this section). Then, in a 2nd paragraph, respond to the question about the charges. Support your answer with a 5-7 sentence paragraph that is supported by the literature, which you should cite).
2. What is meant by impossibility? Is it applicable to the scenario? (Begin by defining the word impossibility. Cite the literature. Should you choose, you may also provide an example of the word. Then, in a 2nd paragraph, consisting of 4-5 sentences, discuss whether impossibility is applicable to the scenario. Remember your response should be supported by the literature).
3. Distinguish between a complete or incomplete attempt [of a crime]. Which was the scenario? (Begin by defining or providing an example of what is viewed as a legal completed attempt AND a legal incomplete attempt of a crime. Write a 3-5 sentence paragraph for each. Cite the literature. Then in your 3rd paragraph, discuss which category of the crime is applicable to the scenario, using a 4-7 sentence scenario).
4. What, if any ethical or moralistic concerns associated with allowing a criminal defendant to avoid criminal responsibility by successfully asserting a legal defense such as impossibility, were present. (This question is really asking about the costs of allowing the defense of impossibility in criminal cases/charges. Use your CRITICAL THINKING and the literature to support your position. What, would your Ethical OR Moral concerns be? A discussion of 5-7 sentences should be sufficient. Cite the literature).
Conclusion: This assignment was a 2–3-page paper, answering the above questions, based on the scenario provided. At least 2 sources beyond the text were used and literature cited where appropriate.
(place ref on separate page in APA)
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS